The FDA has cleared the following indications for use of the Picasso dental laser.
- Gingival troughing for crown impressions
- Gingival incision and excision
- Hemostasis and coagulation
- Excision and incision biopsies
- Exposure of unerupted teeth
- Fibroma removal
- Frenectomy and frenotomy
- Implant recovery
- Incision and drainage of abscess
- Oral papillectomies
- Pulpotomy as an adjunct to root canal therapy
- Reduction of gingival hypertrophy
- Soft tissue crown lengthening
- Treatment of canker sores, herpetic, and aphthous ulcers of the oral mucosa
Laser periodontal procedures, including:
- Sulcular debridement (removal of diseased, infected, inflamed, and necroses soft tissue in the periodontal pocket to improve clinical indices including gingival bleeding
index, gingival bleeding index, probe depth, attachment loss and tooth mobility).
- Laser and soft tissue curettage
- Removal of diseased, infected, inflamed and necrosed soft tissue within the periodontal pocket.
- Removal of highly inflamed edematous tissue affected by bacteria penetration of the pocket lining and junctional epithelium.
Tooth Whitening Indications:
- Laser assisted whitening/bleaching of teeth
- Light activation for bleaching materials for teeth whitening