COVID-19 updates and your visit
To our family of patients at Shu Ping Rong DDS PC:
I hope you and your family are safe and sound as we go through this unprecedented time. While many things have changed over the last few months during this COVID-19 pandemic, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our office. We strictly follow infection control recommendations/guidelines made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
In a continuous attempt to stay vigilant against COVID-19 we have been incorporating enhanced protocols, equipment, and personal protective equipment (PPE) to protect you and our team. Please stay assured that we will not treat patients unless we have the best PPE available to us.
- We have installed sneeze guard in the front for protection. Our front and back staff will be in full PPEs when we have contact with you.
- Medical grade HEPA air purifiers throughout the office
- We have extra-oral mobile vacuum suction units equipped with H13 HEPA filters and UVC light in each treatment room to minimize aerosol/bacteria/virus
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions and ask you again when you present for your appointment.
- We will take your temperature with non-contact digital thermometer when you enter our office (for >100.4F, we will ask for medical clearance and possible COVID test).
- Everyone must wear a face mask upon entering the office and throughout their visit.
- You will be asked to use hand sanitizer when come in the office. You will also find it in other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- We will space out the appointments to reduce waiting time for you, as well as to reduce number of patients in the waiting area at any one time.
- Everyone is asked to observe social distancing when possible. If you are late 15 minutes, we may cancel or reschedule your appointment. We allow only 1 caregiver to come with patient if patient is a minor or require assistance.
- We offer digital on-line patient intake forms for new patients to reduce physical contacts.
- Each patient will be given hydrogen peroxide solution to rinse with before their procedure to reduce viral load in the oral cavity.
- Common areas will be cleaned and disinfected regularly throughout the day.
- Staff and doctors will participate in daily COVID screenings.
- Your safety is our first priority.
We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Shu Ping Rong DDS PC